ISSEK’s international activities are aimed at developing research and educational cooperation with international organisations, national statistical services, research centres, foundations, governmental and non-governmental organisations and universities from the European Union, USA, Latin America, South and South-East Asia, the BRICS and CIS countries. During the many years of its existence the Institute has formed partnerships with international organisations and leading international research centers and universities. ISSEK cooperates with OECD, Eurostat, European Commission, UNESCO, UNIDO, UNCTAD, the World Bank, IMF, International Science and Technology Center (ISTC), International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis (IIASA), University of Manchester, ISI FhG, AIT, IPTS, SPRU, STEPI, APEC , CTF, BSEC and some national and transnational corporations. The Institute has also signed agreements on cooperation with other universities and institutions from Europe, North America, South and South-East Asia.
Long standing partners of the Institute are: American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS), University of Texas, University North Carolina in Chapel Hills (USA); Austrian Research Promotion Agency, Centre for Social Innovation (Austria); University of Sussex; University of Manchester (Great Britain); Federal Ministry of Education and Research, German Research Foundation, Fraunhofer Institute for Systems and Innovation Research (ISI FhG); Center for Science Statistics, Center for European Economic Research (Germany); National Institute of Statistics, European Training Foundation (Italy); Institute for Prospective Technological Studies (IPTS) (Spain); European Centre for Knowledge and Technology Transfer (Belgium); Netherlands Ministry of Education, Culture and Science; University of Leiden Centre for Science and Technology Studies (CWTS) (the Netherlands); Technology Center of the Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic; Science and Technology Policy Instruments (STPI) project (Korea); National Institute of Science and Technology Policy (NISTEP) (Japan) and others. The Institute’s experts represent Russia in the relevant expert and working groups of leading international organisations (OECD, Eurostat, UNESCO, UNIDO, UN and others).
- Eurostat working group on statistics of science and innovation
- OECD national expert group on science and technology indicators (NESTI)
- OECD committee for science and technology policy
- OECD working group on management and financing of research organisations
- Eurostat working group on statistics of education and professional training
- OECD committee on education
- OECD committee on information and telecommunication policy
- OECD working group on information society statistics
- Eurostat working group on information society statistics
- OECD International Foresight professional’s network
- EU expert group on Foresight
- EU expert group on regional Foresight
- UNIDO expert group on problems of technology Foresight
- European Commission international advisory group on the problems of international science and technology cooperation
- OECD working group on nanotechnology
- Joint Russian-European working group on human resources mobility studies
The Institute’s international projects are dedicated to strengthening S&T and innovation cooperation between Russia, the European Union and the CIS, analysis of S&T indicators, national research policies of different countries and Russian regions, evaluation of S&T human resources potential and the role of international foundations in the mechanism of academic staff reproduction, technology Foresight studies and the development of recommendations for S&T and innovation policies. They include:
- S&T International Cooperation Network for Eastern European and Central Asian Countries (IncoNet EECA)
- Linking Russia to the ERA: Coordination of MS´/AC´ S&T programmes towards and with Russia (ERA.Net RUS)
- Improving Energy Efficiency (joint project with the University of North Carolina, US-Russia Foundation)
- Linking R&D Strategies, Foresight and Stimulation of EU-Russia Cooperation in Nanoelectronics Technology (EU-RU.NET)
Have you spotted a typo?
Highlight it, click Ctrl+Enter and send us a message. Thank you for your help!
To be used only for spelling or punctuation mistakes.