VIII Annual International Academic Conference 'Foresight and STI Policy'
Eighth Annual International Academic Conference ‘Foresight and STI Policy’ to be held in Moscow, Russia, on November 15–16, 2018. The conference is organised by HSE Institute for Statistical Studies and Economics of Knowledge with the goal to address topical issues of Russia’s economic and social development and associated perspectives of international collaboration.
The conference participants will discuss a broad range of topics in the domain of S&T Foresight and STI policy-making, examine new approaches and instruments of R&D management, and exchange best practices of their practical application.
1. Pushing the boundaries of Foresight
- New and emerging topics
- Digital tools and applications for doing and disseminating Foresight
2. New Indicators for Science, Technology and Innovation Policy
- Indicators for new policy instruments
- ‘Big data’-based, ‘real-time’ and forward-looking indicators
- Measuring emerging technologies
The conference will feature presentations by representatives of the World Intellectual Property Organisation (WIPO), United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO), Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), Research Centre for Futures Studies 'proGective' (France), Austrian Institute of Technology, Global Futures Studies and Research Center 'the Millennium Project' (USA), Center for Strategic Studies and Management in Science, Technology and Innovation (CGEE, Brazil), Seoul National University (Republic of Korea), and other leading Russian and foreign universities and research centers.
On November 16, 2018, HSE will host a special workshop 'The Future of Science and Technology in BRICS Countries: Challenges and Responses', which will examine trends of S&T development in BRICS states with the goal to identify priorities for S&T cooperation and to promote new international partnerships in education and science.
The workshop is organised in accordance with BRICS Action Plan 2018–2019 endorsed at the 6th BRICS Science, Technology and Innovation Ministerial Meeting on July 3, 2018 in Durban (South African Republic) and aims to contribute to the objectives of the Memorandum of Understanding on Cooperation in Science, Technology and Innovation between the governments of the BRICS countries signed on March 18, 2015 (Article 2):
- to establish a strategic framework for cooperation in STI amongst the BRICS member countries;
- to address common global and regional socio-economic challenges in the BRICS member countries utilising shared experiences and complementarities in STI;
- to co-generate new knowledge and innovative products, services and processes in the BRICS member countries utilising appropriate funding and investment instruments;
- to promote, where appropriate, joint BRICS STI partnerships with other strategic actors in the developing world.
Conference venue: National Research University Higher School of Economics (Russia, Moscow, Myasnitskaya street, 11, room 518).
Working languages: English and Russian with simultaneous translation.
To attend the conference, please register before 18:00 November 5, 2018. There is no registration fee.
For all queries and additional information, please contact:
Ms. Elena Nasybulina (tel: +7 (495) 772 95 90, ext. 115-40, e-mail: email@example.com);
Ms. Asmik Ayrapetyan (tel: +7 (495) 772 95 90, ext. 120-60, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org).
Conference web site: https://issek.hse.ru/en/forsconf-2018/