SPIEF 2016: Foresight Session on the Future of the Energy Industry, with Participation of Nobel Prize Winners
On the third day of the St. Petersburg International Economic Forum, 18 June, 2016 at the Global Energy Prize stand, a Foresight session “Science, Technology, and Innovation: Impact on Interconnection of Energy, Environment, and Economy”. The session was moderated by Ozcan Saritas, Leading Research Fellow at the HSE ISSEK Foresight Centre.
The Foresight session participants:
Rodney John Allam, Chief Technology Officer, Net Power LLC
Rae Kwon Chung, formerly Principal Advisor on Climate Change, Executive Office of Ban Ki-moon, the Secretary-General of the United Nations; currently Ambassador for Climate Change, Republic of Korea
Jean Jouzel, Director, IPSL (Institut Pierre Simon Laplace (France)
Riccardo Valentini, Professor, University of Tuscia (Italy), member of Strategic Council of Fondazione Centro Euro-Mediterraneo sui Cambiamenti Climatici
Christopher Pissarides, Regius Professor of Economics, London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE); Head, the Saint-Petersburg State University’s Growth Laboratory
Zhores Alferov, Vice President of the RAS, President of the RAS St Petersburg Scientific Centre.
- Global challenges emerging at the Energy – Environment - Economy junction
- Future scenarios and priorities
- Drivers, barriers, and dilemmas arising along the way towards more sustainable environment, economy, and society
- Potential for emergence of a new socio-economic order; political and strategic options
- Role of science, technology, and innovations in preventing emerging challenges and creating new opportunities